The primary reason for the launch of the new Dispenser 3.0 was to improve the user experience. Continuous improvement of products has always been key to maintaining Cryostar’s position as a technological leader on the liquefied natural gas (LNG) refueling station market.
“There are more than 200 LNG vehicle refueling stations using Cryostar equipment all over the globe. User feedback is one of our top priorities. Every comment made by users, operators, or maintenance staff is an opportunity to reconsider our equipment and feed the continuous improvement process,” said Philippe Heisch, LNG Solutions Sales Manager.
Może Cię zainteresować:
Novatek expands the network of LNG filling stations in Germany
Company’s R&D department worked in collaboration with their sales and product management teams to come up with the latest version of the dispenser. One of the main areas of focus was the desire to offer clients a more intuitive, more enjoyable filling experience in order to democratize LNG filling and thereby increase users’ level of acceptance and satisfaction with this technology.
The Dispenser 3.0 has many new features:
- An aesthetically pleasing design that gives it a modern look and contributes to the visual identification of LNG as fuel.
- A multilingual, interactive touch screen and animations to explain the step-by-step process of refueling a vehicle, including connecting the nozzles, venting, refueling, and disconnecting.
- A more ergonomic user experience, thanks to several adjustments: the control buttons are positioned at a more comfortable 45°, the filling position is located in front of the control screen while still allowing the user to visually monitor the refueling process, and, of course, the roof has been extended to offer protection from bad weather.
- A longer lifetime for many of the components: a simpler method for reattaching the nozzle, an inductive sensor for improved detection of nozzles, and an “air pack” heating system on connectors to help them last longer.
- Improvements were made with station operations in mind, as well: the dispenser offers a number of practical station management features, such as remote connection and configuration of the Dispenser directly from its screen, with no need for a complementary computer.
- Of course, with its built-in intelligence, this new Dispenser is also 100% autonomous, and can be retrofitted to any existing station.
- It also offers many other options, such as the insulation and defrosting of lines for stations that have a high rate of consumption or experience extreme weather conditions, a collision detection and prevention system, independent insulation of the Dispenser for maintenance purposes, and more.